Teen2Teen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

4 posters

Prince declares the internet ‘dead’

Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Posts : 435

Prince declares the internet ‘dead’ Empty Prince declares the internet ‘dead’

Post by Hollywood Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:57 pm

The artist once known as The Artist Formerly Known as Prince, who is now known as Prince, says the internet has died.

Prince’s 27th release, 20Ten will be distributed in CD format as a free give-away with the Daily Mirror this weekend. No downloads are available. d. Perhaps he missed its vital signs?

Telegraph.co.uk says, “Prince has taken his war against the internet one step further by shutting down his official website. His battle began in 2007 when he famously announced his intention to file lawsuits against eBay, YouTube and the Pirate Bay for the misuse of his music. Ever since he has banned such sites from using his music in any fashion and refused to work with legal paid-for options like iTunes, 7Digital or eMusic.”

MSNBC’s Tech Science repeats the royal rant, “At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated,” he told the Mirror — that’s the same U.K. paper that will offer his 27th LP “20TEN” free to readers later this year. “Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good.”

New Music quotes the royal luddite, “The Internet’s completely over,” Prince declared to England’s Daily Mirror, sounding like he’s ready to party not quite like it’s 1999, but more like ’79. “I don’t see why I should give my new music to iTunes or anyone else [digitally].”

“All these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can’t be good for you.”

Singer/songwriter prince has declared the internet dead. This latest royal guffaw from his high purpleness, formerly known as what he is now known as, has raised as few eyebrows as his latest releases. No one seems to be listening, and other artists are releasing their music on iTunes, but Prince insists that the internet is over.

Article
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

Prince declares the internet ‘dead’ Empty Re: Prince declares the internet ‘dead’

Post by TravM Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:11 pm

This is pretty understandable. Musicians make money and get awards by how many people buy their CD's, which in turn declares how well it does on the Billboard Hot 200, which declares how well their singles do, which declares how their music videos go, which declares how many awards they make. ^_^

If people don't buy the CD's and only listen to the music online, the artist loses more.
    ryanlol
    ryanlol
    Infamous
    Infamous

Male Posts : 372

Prince declares the internet ‘dead’ Empty Re: Prince declares the internet ‘dead’

Post by ryanlol Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:40 pm

He's either lost it or he's a man who's struggling to accept change.

The internet won't go under for a LONG time. It's clearly more popular than ever, you can tell just from the amount of people using sites like Youtube, Facebook and even T2T. Look how fast this site is growing - if the internet were dead, I don't think we'd be even half as huge right now.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Exactly, I mean people use online everyday. I mean even for some it's an addiction do how could they even begin to "declare" that? What would be the next fad?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:22 pm