Teen2Teen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

5 posters

The Gulf Oil Spill

Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Posts : 435

The Gulf Oil Spill Empty The Gulf Oil Spill

Post by Hollywood Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:22 pm

What is your take on the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico? What has it done? Where will it go from here? Post your opinions.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

The Gulf Oil Spill Empty Re: The Gulf Oil Spill

Post by Maverick Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:58 pm

I was expecting Obama to take action right away and do what he had to to, but no he has dicked around a problem and contemplated for so long that now it's on that current that everyone has predicted that it would reach and now it's heading towards the Florida keys. It's already reached Pensacola in globs of tar.

Now once it reaches the keys it's going to fuck the keys so much ecosystem wise from the coral down to the animals. It's just a sad situation that all of the creatures and sea life is going to be detrimentally affected. They even considered putting garbage in the hole and I heard that and I was like, "What the fuck is this man thinking!?" Polluting the water EVEN more after the oil spill? *claps* what's he going to say next? We should jam the hole up with whale blubber?

Hopefully he can do a little better of a job instead of half assing contemplating irrelevant ideas. Instead he should do what he has to clean this fuck up and cover that hole and stop it from leaking.
    Rave.Light
    New
    New

Male Posts : 7

Post by Rave.Light Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Like Ronnie said, This is so bad for the animals, and the planet.
    Even more so, the oil spill is going to go all the way around Florida, if that happens, money is going to drop BIG TIME, Florida makes alot of it's money from the Beaches, if they're covered in oil then no one will want to go there.
    They said on the News, that it more thn likely won't be plugged til Christmas.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Post by Maverick Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Rave.Light wrote:Like Ronnie said, This is so bad for the animals, and the planet.
    Even more so, the oil spill is going to go all the way around Florida, if that happens, money is going to drop BIG TIME, Florida makes alot of it's money from the Beaches, if they're covered in oil then no one will want to go there.
    They said on the News, that it more thn likely won't be plugged til Christmas.

Like Tyger said, that the state of Florida RELIES on tourists to fund the state. The state of Florida's residents do NOT pay state tax. After this oil spill even though the company even guaranteed that this kind of shit would never happen. Yeah, well it did and now we're faced with ruining the entire wildlife and ecosystem of the sea. Also destroying the income for the fisherman.

This whole situation is just real fucked up. I was really expecting Obama to take charge and brainstorm and take action promptly. This should have been predicted even though they were guaranteed when it comes to offshore drilling this should have been a thought. Now we are dealing with these consequences and now it's going to cost US more money because of this fuck up.

Hopefully we can recover from this, but not probably not in the imminent future.
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

Post by TravM Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:27 am

*sighs* It's a very tough situation. I'm expecting the oil to reach the beaches where I live in the next month or so.
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Posts : 435

Post by Hollywood Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:22 pm

TravM wrote:*sighs* It's a very tough situation. I'm expecting the oil to reach the beaches where I live in the next month or so.

They're saying it could even spread up here to S.C. The wildlife down there and up here is just going to be wiped out, all because someone keeps beating around the bush. Now we're all fucked.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Post by Maverick Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:39 pm

Now all we can do is step back and wait for the shit to hit the fan and for Obama to dilly dally like a dip shit and and make excuses as to his lack of caring in a state of emergency situation like this. They should have thought about this, "Hmm maybe we should plan ahead if shit happens EVEN if we were guaranteed" Offshore drilling = Room for a fuck up.

Thank you also to George Bush because he is Mr. Drill, drill, drill.
    Cpt. Barbarossa
    Cpt. Barbarossa

Male Posts : 157

Post by Cpt. Barbarossa Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Hey, now steady on, I don't think you're being very fair.

The oil rig was operated and owned by BP, a British company, and I think perhaps it's BP that should have done more,as opposed to Obama. Granted, he should have stepped in at some point, but you're apportioning way too much blame to someone who's just as pissed off as you, if not more so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 pm