Teen2Teen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

+3
Maverick
Hollywood
Huascar
7 posters

Do you like like being depressed?

Poll

Do you like being depressed?

[ 0 ]
    Do you like like being depressed? Bar_left0%Do you like like being depressed? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Do you like like being depressed? Bar_left100%Do you like like being depressed? Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Do you like like being depressed? Bar_left0%Do you like like being depressed? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Huascar
    Fledged
    Fledged

Male Posts : 82

Do you like like being depressed? Empty Do you like like being depressed?

Post by Huascar Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:52 pm

I've been thinking about some people who always are depressed as if there's always something bugging them and they do not have the attitud to deal with it. However I've tried to help them and in my opinion I've given great advices but they won't take them. So, I think there are a lot of people who likes being depressed and is a pleasent way to live for them.

My question: Do you like being depressed?
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Posts : 435

Do you like like being depressed? Empty Re: Do you like like being depressed?

Post by Hollywood Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:55 pm

No I don't. I'm depressed every day or almost every day. It just makes me feel like shit (which is what depression is), makes me not want to do anything or talk to anyone, ect. I wish I was happier but with all of the shit in my life that's a longshot.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:59 pm

No, I genuinely hate it. When i feel depressed I feel oppressive and isolating and I just don't feel like doing anything. I don't feel like doing anything. It's just a whole mess and I look like mess along with my room.

It's just not a good scene. As for those who will not take your advice just let them be. You know you tried your very best to help them, but it is truly up to them if they want to take our advice. If they like being depressed and want to bring you down with them, don't let them.

As much as I try not to be depressed it happens to everyone. So when I see someone that is I always try my best to help them in anyway that i can.
    Blood
    Blood
    Known Member
    Known Member

Female Posts : 120

Post by Blood Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:58 pm

I hate being depressed. It's just an overall horrible feeling.

Last edited by Jess on Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
    Sith Lord 13
    Sith Lord 13

Male Posts : 384

Post by Sith Lord 13 Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:10 am

No one likes being depressed. But some people become so used to being depressed that the idea of change can scare them. They're afraid of change because they think it might make things worse.
    Huascar
    Fledged
    Fledged

Post by Huascar Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:44 am

Sith Lord 13 wrote:No one likes being depressed. But some people become so used to being depressed that the idea of change can scare them. They're afraid of change because they think it might make things worse.

And the ones who pitys themselfs a lot?
    They get advices from everyone and they still complain and want attention.
    It makes no sense.
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

Post by TravM Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:46 pm

I agree with everyone on this. Nobody enjoys being depressed. I personally hate being depressed. Some people who are desperate for attention (even though they can't admit it) actually think that they are depressed and they focus on only the negative aspects on life. To be happy and enjoy life, you have to focus on the positive things and the happy times that you've had. Since some people never think about the positive aspects in life, they become depressed for long periods of time. It sucks, and I don't think anybody enjoys it, but like Alex said, they may become used to it and may not want to change it. :/
    Huascar
    Fledged
    Fledged

Post by Huascar Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:53 pm

TravM wrote:I agree with everyone on this. Nobody enjoys being depressed. I personally hate being depressed. Some people who are desperate for attention (even though they can't admit it) actually think that they are depressed and they focus on only the negative aspects on life. To be happy and enjoy life, you have to focus on the positive things and the happy times that you've had. Since some people never think about the positive aspects in life, they become depressed for long periods of time. It sucks, and I don't think anybody enjoys it, but like Alex said, they may become used to it and may not want to change it. :/

It's true, I was wrong xD thanks
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Post by TravM Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:55 pm

HA! You're not wrong, HCar. Very Happy

I just backed up someone else. Everybody's opinion on this subject seems to be correct, even yours.
    Huascar
    Fledged
    Fledged

Post by Huascar Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Agreed, trav.. come to chatroom.
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Post by TravM Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:59 pm

How ironic! I just logged in there xD
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Please lets stay on topic.
    ryanlol
    ryanlol
    Infamous
    Infamous

Male Posts : 372

Post by ryanlol Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:27 am

I can't imagina anyone liking being depressed. It's probably just comfortable for them and they're afraid of change.

I can't say for sure as I've never really been depressed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 am