Teen2Teen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

+8
Cpt. Barbarossa
Huascar
Sith Lord 13
ryanlol
TravM
Hollywood
Maverick
Blood
12 posters

Abortion

Blood
    Blood
    Known Member
    Known Member

Female Posts : 120

Abortion Empty Abortion

Post by Blood Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:09 pm

What are your views on it?
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Abortion Empty Re: Abortion

Post by Maverick Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Abortion is a very serious thing. Though there are viable reasons for both. I will have to side pro-life here. Why? I think because it's a human being it deserves to live. If you feel you cannot take care of the child then you should give it up for adoption. I think it's wrong that even though you don't feel like having a kid that you just want to kill it like it's some kind of a bug. I feel like I'm rambling like that asian girl from Juno. >_>
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Posts : 435

Post by Hollywood Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:40 pm

I think abortion is a necissary right. I mean, what if the mother doesn't want the kid? She's give birth to him and more than likely either leave him on a doorstep, abuse him, or neglect him. What if the mother was raped? The mother gets to see the face of a rapist every time she looks at her kid. What if the mother is a teen? She doesn't want to have a kid when she still has to finish school, so more than likely the kid would just be ignored. What if the father leaves? The mother would have to drop everything and basically ruin her life to support another one.

I 100% support abortion. It's a women's right to be able to choose.
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

Post by TravM Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:41 pm

I'm in the middle about abortion. If your not prepared to have a baby, you should have the choice as to whether you should have it or not. But...the girl should realize to take the 'morning after' pill, to stop the whole situation from escalating any further. If she didn't, then it's her fault.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Post by Maverick Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:45 pm

Hollywood wrote:I think abortion is a necissary right. I mean, what if the mother doesn't want the kid? She's give birth to him and more than likely either leave him on a doorstep, abuse him, or neglect him. What if the mother was raped? The mother gets to see the face of a rapist every time she looks at her kid. What if the mother is a teen? She doesn't want to have a kid when she still has to finish school, so more than likely the kid would just be ignored. What if the father leaves? The mother would have to drop everything and basically ruin her life to support another one.

I 100% support abortion. It's a women's right to be able to choose.

Even though you may have a few valid points I will say that there is adoption. It would certainly be a tough situation for a woman to be raped and as you said :Look at the rapist" every time she looks at him/her. I think it would be be a double edged sword imo. You could kill the life and kill the soul of a child. To kill something living. To me it feels like I would be killing an animal I don't think I would ever kill an innocent animal. Why would I kill an innocent child?
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Hollywood Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Maverick wrote:Even though you may have a few valid points I will say that there is adoption. It would certainly be a tough situation for a woman to be raped and as you said :Look at the rapist" every time she looks at him/her. I think it would be be a double edged sword imo. You could kill the life and kill the soul of a child. To kill something living. To me it feels like I would be killing an animal I don't think I would ever kill an innocent animal. Why would I kill an innocent child?

Although adoption is a choice, not everyone is going to consider it. And to be honest, I just don't see anything before birth as living. I mean I know it has a heartbeat but it's not like you're killing a baby. I understand how people can see it as ending life, but in reality the life hasn't even begun. The fetus will never know of it's being, and if he's being aborted, then more than likely that's best for the parents and him.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Post by Maverick Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Hollywood wrote:
    Although adoption is a choice, not everyone is going to consider it. And to be honest, I just don't see anything before birth as living. I mean I know it has a heartbeat but it's not like you're killing a baby. I understand how people can see it as ending life, but in reality the life hasn't even begun. The fetus will never know of it's being, and if he's being aborted, then more than likely that's best for the parents and him.

It breathes, it has a heartbeat so it has a pulse. Even though it is not out of the womb yet it is still a child no matter how you look at it. It would be like smothering a new born. It's not going to know what's happening or what's going on, but it dies. There is nothing one can do about it.

Though i do have to agree to a certain point because when it gets handed to a nasty parent and all of the circumstances, it can happen to anyone. I happen to be one of the examples of those kids that just happen to get real fucked up parents. Even though not adopted (As far as I'm aware of) I would want them to live and become a productive member of society. I just think it's wrong.
    Blood
    Blood
    Known Member
    Known Member

Female Posts : 120

Post by Blood Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:08 pm

I have to side with Ronnie on this. If it's breathing and has a pulse, I consider it a living human.
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Hollywood Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:09 pm

You make some good points. It is living and breathing. But I just think it's a right, I mean pregnancy can be a blessing or a burden, or both. If a woman has to go through all that shit, she should have the right to choose.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Post by Maverick Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Though she has the right to choose it is a living thing no matter how you look at it. Even if it may be a burden I wouldn't want to kill a child. My dad is a man whore and used to flaunt how many abortions he has had girls have.

It's just very sickening and it is actually bad for the woman's insides if you catch my drift. It could actually make her infertile where she won't have the opportunity to have children in the future.
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Hollywood Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:17 pm

So what if it was just made as an exception? Like if it was only permitted if the woman was raped or under a certain age. Would you support that?
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Post by Maverick Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:24 pm

that is a very tough decision because it is yet still a human being even considering the negative circumstances. I am not condoning rape or making either underage pregnancy right, but just the fact that it's a child. To be.
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Hollywood Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Now that's where I have to draw the line. If a woman is raped against her will, and forced into having sex, and she gets pregnant. Not even trying to or wanting to, just flat out being raped. And she can't even be rid of that memory?
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Post by Maverick Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Then maybe there is a sliver of a chance that it is possible to have an abortion because of the traumatizing event, but otherwise I think it shouldn't be allowed...
    ryanlol
    ryanlol
    Infamous
    Infamous

Male Posts : 372

Post by ryanlol Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:37 pm

In my mind, once an egg's been fertilised it's a person. Of course, there are some cases where you have to terminate a pregnancy.

However, I don't think you should be able to just have an abortion because you don't want it or you're too young to take care of it. It's not fair to the baby who never got a chance to live.

I'm not %100 for it, but I'm not really against it either.
    Sith Lord 13
    Sith Lord 13

Male Posts : 384

Post by Sith Lord 13 Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:47 pm

The only time I believe in abortion is when the life of the mother is at stake. Otherwise, abortion is murder. If you want to say it is not human life, then when does it become human life?
    Huascar
    Fledged
    Fledged

Male Posts : 82

Post by Huascar Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:22 am

TravM wrote:I'm in the middle about abortion. If your not prepared to have a baby, you should have the choice as to whether you should have it or not. But...the girl should realize to take the 'morning after' pill, to stop the whole situation from escalating any further. If she didn't, then it's her fault.

Agreed.
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Post by TravM Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:32 pm

I agree with Ryan. I'm not for it, but I'm not against it either.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Post by Maverick Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:30 pm

So some are for it some are against it. some are are on the fence. I still hold my position
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Hollywood Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Maverick wrote:So some are for it some are against it. some are are on the fence. I still hold my position

This is good. It's nice to have a civil debate, even if I'm on the losing end Razz
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Post by TravM Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Am I on the winning side? XD
    Cpt. Barbarossa
    Cpt. Barbarossa

Male Posts : 157

Post by Cpt. Barbarossa Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:37 pm

It's entirely down to the mother. If she doesn't feel like she can handle the emotional stresses of adoption, and definitely can't cope with birthing and raising a child (physically, financially or emotionally) then it's up to her to make the choice.

If it was up to me, I'd abort... teen pregnancy is a major problem, and can screw up your life, and subsequently screwing the kids' life up.

Imo, the mother has priority.

Last edited by Jimy on Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Reverse_Reality
    Reverse_Reality
    New
    New

Post by Reverse_Reality Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Jimy wrote:It's entirely down to the mother. If she doesn't feel like she can handle the emotional stresses of adoption, and definitely can't cope with brithign and raising a child (physically, financailly or emotionally) then it's up to her to make the choice.

If it was up to me, I'd abort... teen pregnancy is a major problem, and can screw up your life, and subsequently screwing the kids' life up.

This
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Hollywood Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Jimy wrote:It's entirely down to the mother. If she doesn't feel like she can handle the emotional stresses of adoption, and definitely can't cope with birthing and raising a child (physically, financially or emotionally) then it's up to her to make the choice.

This is exactly my view. +rep
    TheNinjasAreComing!
    TheNinjasAreComing!
    Known Member
    Known Member

Male Posts : 145

Post by TheNinjasAreComing! Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:49 pm

What Jay, Connor and Tyler said XD Is Mai Exact View XD

Sponsored content