Teen2Teen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

5 posters

BP Boycott?

Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Posts : 435

BP Boycott? Empty BP Boycott?

Post by Hollywood Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:15 pm

Are you/will you boycott BP for it's actions? Here is my opinion.

Boycotting BP is stupid since you really aren't putting any hurt on BP itself. In fact, you're hurting the families who own the gas stations who have to pay for gas, naming rights, ect. So instead of standing up for America you're actually hurting some of it's families.

So what's your view on the boycotts?
    Sith Lord 13
    Sith Lord 13

Male Posts : 384

BP Boycott? Empty Re: BP Boycott?

Post by Sith Lord 13 Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:59 pm

BP hasn't done anything wrong yet. At least, nothing confirmed. I say wait until we know they've done something wrong before even considering a boycott. So far all that's happened is a tragic accident that is no one's fault.
    ryanlol
    ryanlol
    Infamous
    Infamous

Male Posts : 372

Post by ryanlol Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:07 pm

I don't use BP anyway, so I have nothign to boycott!

If I did use BP, I probably wouldn't boycott. It just happens to be their oil... it could have been any company. It's not their fault (To my knowledge).
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Hollywood Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:54 pm

ryanlol wrote:I don't use BP anyway, so I have nothign to boycott!

If I did use BP, I probably wouldn't boycott. It just happens to be their oil... it could have been any company. It's not their fault (To my knowledge).

It's not the fact that it's their oil in the Gulf, so much as they appear to be doing nothing to help clean the shit up. It's just been sitting there basically while BP comes up with their "plans" that fail every time. The fisherman are doing a better job cleaning up than BP is. When they said they were going to do everything they could, they lied.
    Sith Lord 13
    Sith Lord 13

Post by Sith Lord 13 Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:57 pm

Hollywood wrote:

It's not the fact that it's their oil in the Gulf, so much as they appear to be doing nothing to help clean the shit up. It's just been sitting there basically while BP comes up with their "plans" that fail every time. The fisherman are doing a better job cleaning up than BP is. When they said they were going to do everything they could, they lied.

You do know BP is paying those fishermen to clean up, right?
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Hollywood Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:33 am

Sith Lord 13 wrote:
    Hollywood wrote:

Have you been checking how much they're getting? Not near enough to make up for a season lost and probably many more.
    Sith Lord 13
    Sith Lord 13

Post by Sith Lord 13 Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:52 am

Hollywood wrote:
    Sith Lord 13 wrote:
    Hollywood wrote:

Have you been checking how much they're getting? Not near enough to make up for a season lost and probably many more.

I'm just saying you can't say the fishermen are doing more than BP.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:21 am

Sith Lord 13 wrote:
    Hollywood wrote:
    Sith Lord 13 wrote:
    Hollywood wrote:

I'm just saying you can't say the fishermen are doing more than BP.

Well do you also realize the coverage area of the oil spill. Also what the damage will cost to repair once it reaches the keys and wraps itself along the eastern coast? That could take Years, I do not believe that BP is going to have the funds to cover that and the cost of paying off everyone else suing. In this multi billion dollar lawsuit.
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Post by Hollywood Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:21 am

I'm just saying. If BP was "on top" of things they should've had something in place before it even started, as a saftey measure. So if they go bankrupt paying for the clean up, too damn bad.
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

Post by TravM Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:14 am

My parents don't use BP anymore. I guess that's boycotting Razz
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:52 pm

Hollywood wrote:I'm just saying. If BP was "on top" of things they should've had something in place before it even started, as a saftey measure. So if they go bankrupt paying for the clean up, too damn bad.

First of all why make a pipe 5000 feet under the water anyway? If they were so guaranteed they should have had a procedure IN case of fuck ups such as this. Off shore drilling should be taken very seriously. This effects the ecosystem as well as the environment.

TravM wrote:My parents don't use BP anymore. I guess that's boycotting Razz

No this sounds like more of not supporting the cause Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:00 am