Teen2Teen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

+2
ryanlol
Enterprise
6 posters

Grandmother

Enterprise
    Good Poster
    Good Poster

Male Posts : 26
    Location : In a house on earth in the Sol System of the Alpha Quadrant of the Galaxy...

Grandmother Empty Grandmother

Post by Enterprise Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:01 am

I remember it like it was yesterday. January 5th, the `06. That was the day that changed my life forever. It was the day that I lost my best friend, my mentor, my grandmother. She had been battling cancer for a while (I didn`t know she had it for years until after she died). It seemed like a shock to me, because she was always full of life. I had fond memories of her in the kitchen, cooking something for me or whoever was at the house at the time. She was always the best cook. But, getting back to the story... She had gone into a coma a few days after Christmas. We knew that her days were numbered. The day before she died, I rember telling her that she could let go and that she didn`t have to worry anymore, and that I loved her. Rest in peace, grandmother.
    ryanlol
    ryanlol
    Infamous
    Infamous

Male Posts : 372

Grandmother Empty Re: Grandmother

Post by ryanlol Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:05 am

I'm sorry, Skyler. I'm sure your grandmother was a great woman and proud to have you as her grandson.

If you ever need to talk, we're all here for you. <3
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:36 am

Wow. That's very well written. I know how hard it is to have a family member pass. I remember very clearly the funerals that I have been to. Although I was not there for my grandmother. To hold her hand with her husband of 50-years and be there to say my final good bye. When they put that phone up to her ear, I knew what was to happen and I accepted it because I wanted her to be free. To be out of that pain. To suffer no more. It hurt me very deeply to let her go because she had practically raised me, but it was her time.

Skylar I can relate to your story very well, even though I wasn't there for her. I can empathize with you. I am very sorry for your loss. Even though she is gone. Always keep those good times and memories fresh and think about them, because that's what she would want you to do. We're always here if you need someone to talk to PM/VM me anytime.
    Huascar
    Fledged
    Fledged

Male Posts : 82

Post by Huascar Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:35 am

Ny two grandmothers still alive but I miss my two grandfathers.
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

Post by TravM Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:32 pm

I lived with my great grandma for almost a year. She's 75 and I love her dearly. Although she has heart problems and is now going to dialysis once a week and has to have an oxygen tank. It really kills me to watch her like this, especially when her daughters and grandkids (they're in their 20's) are smoking cigarettes near her in the house. To be honest, she doesn't have that many years left so I'm cherishing these years. I haven't seen her since April and before that, November. It doesn't seem like I'll be able to see her this summer. I'm gonna try and see her as soon as possible, though. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, Skylar.
    that kid
    that kid
    Fledged
    Fledged

Male Posts : 84

Post by that kid Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:12 am

I know how it feels. I just lost my great-grandmother. For the past year she's been slowly losing her strength. She has 3 strokes within 2 months. She couldn't control her hands anymore and could barely walk. She always used to be the fun grandma. She would knit us blankets, go dancing, star in plays and now she's gone. You're not the only on who's suffered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:21 am