Teen2Teen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

2 posters

Black Comedy

TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

Black Comedy  Empty Black Comedy

Post by TravM Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:32 am

A black comedy film is a film that usually contains a sense of grim presence in a comedy film. Somewhat like macabre. I thoroughly enjoy them, if they are done and stylized in a visually appealing way. My favorite example of a black comedy film is The Addams Family. I love how the characters react with each other with their deadpan sense (especially Wednesday). The seem to have no idea that their "daily usuals" are considered odd to the rest of society, or they don't acknowledge it at least. I also liked the sequel, Addams Family Values. Another one of my favorites is Heathers. It's kinda like Jawbreaker (1999) meets The Breakfast Club (1985). Christian Slater looks great in this movie, despite being somewhat psychotic. I recommend this film to anyone and everyone, except for people that might get sick to the stomach about drinking some type of cleaner shit with chemicals.

Beetlejuice is another black comedy film that I like. A big-time director that everybody knows for black comedy (typically light black comedy) is Tim Burton. I'm not much of a fan of his, besides Edward Scissorhands (even though that can be considered somewhat a drama/fantasy). Most of his other films I don't like. Any opinions of black comedies?
    Huascar
    Fledged
    Fledged

Male Posts : 82

Black Comedy  Empty Re: Black Comedy

Post by Huascar Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:52 am

Lol, billy&mandy?
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

Post by TravM Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:58 am

Yes XD Billy and Mandy would be considered a black comedy. A very light one though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 am