Teen2Teen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

5 posters

Today's music

Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Posts : 435

Today's music Empty Today's music

Post by Hollywood Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:31 pm

What is your opinion of current mainstream music? Do you prefer older music (70s, 80s, ect.)?

As for me, I'm not a fan of today's music. Although there is talent out there still, I see very, very little of it. I consider it a shame where music has gone in the last decade or so, but obviously a lot of people like it.
    Cpt. Barbarossa
    Cpt. Barbarossa

Male Posts : 157

Today's music Empty Re: Today's music

Post by Cpt. Barbarossa Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:33 am

Well, if it's so popular they're clearly doing something right, so hats off to that I guess.

But there is so much new talent around at the moment, you only have to scratch the underground scenes of pretty much anywhere in the UK.. From my county alone we have.. 2 oe 3 fully functioning acts - The Targets, Skinless Finger, GetMeAnExit and The Laurels.

Ok, so 4. 5 if you include Synapse.

There is talent these days, it's just not getting through to the record companies, which is a shame.
    Blood
    Blood
    Known Member
    Known Member

Female Posts : 120

Post by Blood Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:43 am

I'm willing to give a listen to just about anything. Most of the mainstream music is pretty bad, but I have found some artists that I like. As for Bieber, Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Rihanna, (and all that crap) I hate. Good music is out there, you just have to search for it.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:09 am

I have to disagree to an extent. Why? Because I think there is a line between music and sound. I just hate all of the new music as I don't listen to anything past 1997 : / so yeah,
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Posts : 435

Post by Hollywood Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:43 pm

Blood wrote:I'm willing to give a listen to just about anything. Most of the mainstream music is pretty bad, but I have found some artists that I like. As for Bieber, Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Rihanna, (and all that crap) I hate. Good music is out there, you just have to search for it.

I agree. I give everything a fair shot before I condemn it. I've listned to most of today's mainstream, and I can't stand any of it. But like Jay said, it's out there, but the record companies don't let it out because the majority won't like it.
    CantBeTamed
    CantBeTamed
    Fledged
    Fledged

Male Posts : 89

Post by CantBeTamed Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:09 pm

I Love Most Music

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm