Teen2Teen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

+8
TravM
Maverick
Cpt. Barbarossa
TheLatterGoesDown.
Blood
Enterprise
Hollywood
ryanlol
12 posters

Smoking

ryanlol
    ryanlol
    Infamous
    Infamous

Male Posts : 372

Smoking Empty Smoking

Post by ryanlol Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:34 am

Interested to see your veiws on smoking, guys.

Personally, I can't stand it. I lived with my grandparents for the first few years of my life and they were avid smokers. They never had the courtesty to smoke away from me, either. We'd be just sitting at the table and they'd be smoking right in front me. Setting a bad influence (I often pretended to smoke to be like them), and posing risks to baby Ryan's health. A few years after I moved out, My grandmother was told she had cancer ad she stopped smoking immediatley. However it turned out not to be cancer, but they both quit smoking anyway. I've had several ear infections (my left ear is especially bad) and cases of croupe that doctors think was caused by them smoking so much around me when I was younger.

So I'm against smoking. I could never touch a cigarette, ever. When I walk past someone in the street smoking, I hold my breath. It just disgusts me...
    Hollywood
    Hollywood
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Posts : 435

Smoking Empty Re: Smoking

Post by Hollywood Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:39 am

I'm not a big fan of it. My grandma does (well did before it ruined her health) and so does my mother and most of my family. Although it doesn't disgust me, I would probably never smoke either. After seeing what it's done to my grandma and what it's doing to mom, I really don't need another lurking heath problem.
    Enterprise
    Good Poster
    Good Poster

Male Posts : 26
    Location : In a house on earth in the Sol System of the Alpha Quadrant of the Galaxy...

Post by Enterprise Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:40 am

I think that smoking is a disgusting habit. Well, not just disgusting, but harmful. I really want to choke the person who first discovered tobacco and smoking.
    Blood
    Blood
    Known Member
    Known Member

Female Posts : 120

Post by Blood Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:43 am

I see nothing wrong with it. If people want to smoke and kill their lungs, go for it. Have fun. They know the risks.

Do I smoke? No. I've got asthma, and it doesn't mix well with smoke. However, my grandfather does, but he's courteous enough to not do it around me.
    TheLatterGoesDown.
    TheLatterGoesDown.

Female Posts : 356

Post by TheLatterGoesDown. Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:10 am

I hate it. It is so nasty.

But if someone smokes around me, it doesn't bother me. Let them kill themselves, I won't be able to stop them since the niccotine has them addicted. I just get over it, not that big deal to me.
    Cpt. Barbarossa
    Cpt. Barbarossa

Male Posts : 157

Post by Cpt. Barbarossa Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:25 am

I do it very occasionally, usually only when I'm drinking. A cig and a pint.. Yes.

But to make smoking a regular, daily thing, I couldn't handle. The amount of money you waste, plus the dmage you do to yourself, doesn't seem worth it. As for other people, they can do what they like, even if I don't approve.
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:06 am

Oh man, well I have been around smokers my entire life. Everyone in my family smokes. It's just a very normal thing to be around.

Do I smoke? I have yes and still do. I do know the risks and know that it has no benefits. Though I have tried many avenues of quitting I find by cold turkey is the easiest way to quit without gaining another addiction. Starting is the worst possible thing you can do. I would never smoke around anyone because it's common courtesy. Though my plan to quit is very soon as it's not only a rip off, but it kills you slowly and in the end, just not wort any of anybody's time.
    ryanlol
    ryanlol
    Infamous
    Infamous

Post by ryanlol Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:57 pm

Maverick wrote: Though my plan to quit is very soon as it's not only a rip off, but it kills you slowly and in the end, just not wort any of anybody's time.
    Your quitting? Thats great. You can break it! Good luck dude. It's always great to have support, so we're all here for you Smile
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

Post by TravM Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Almost my whole family smokes cigarettes, so I'm pretty used to it. I don't mind it, but I'm not going to start with the cancer sticks. xD
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:21 pm

ryanlol wrote:
    Your quitting? Thats great. You can break it! Good luck dude. It's always great to have support, so we're all here for you Smile

Yes, and I get reminders all the time, "Takes 8 minutes off your life" even though clinically I should have been dead and gone 3 times already what the fuck right? Wrong. Cigarettes around here are up to $6 and higher so yeah it's definitely time to quit. Though in all honesty I really don't feel like quitting, but I want to live to bug the shit out of all of you when I get old so look forward to it!
    ryanlol
    ryanlol
    Infamous
    Infamous

Post by ryanlol Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:47 am

Maverick wrote: but I want to live to bug the shit out of all of you when I get old so look forward to it!

O_o
    I thought I was the one who bugs people? :O
    Wolfie
    Wolfie
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Posts : 48

Post by Wolfie Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:55 am

I've never liked smoking, though in some respect im a hypocrite because thats what kept me sane for a few months last year. It's a nasty habit and to be honest i hope to god i never touch another one.
    Huascar
    Fledged
    Fledged

Male Posts : 82

Post by Huascar Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:58 am

Cigs are EW-esome EWEWEW. xd
    My whole dads family smokes and I hate it >.<
    CantBeTamed
    CantBeTamed
    Fledged
    Fledged

Male Posts : 89

Post by CantBeTamed Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 pm

well i smoke do i regret it yes have i tried quiting yes i started at 12 i highly regret it and it is hard to quit
    + Due To My Mom Smoking When Pregnant With Me I Was Born A Month And A Half Early

Last edited by CantBeTamed on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addded Detail)
    that kid
    that kid
    Fledged
    Fledged

Male Posts : 84

Post by that kid Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:03 am

I got asthma from my family smoking around me, my grandma has a ton of health problems from smoking, and my mom can't stop smoking. Nope not a big fan of smoking Smile.
    ryanlol
    ryanlol
    Infamous
    Infamous

Post by ryanlol Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:36 am

that kid wrote:I got asthma from my family smoking around me, my grandma has a ton of health problems from smoking, and my mom can't stop smoking. Nope not a big fan of smoking Smile.

I'm lucky to not have asthma, but I think I have weaker than average lungs because of my grandparents smoking, I always happen to get croup or bronchitis easily, and when I get it it's always very bad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:27 pm