Teen2Teen

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

3 posters

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez

TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Empty Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez

Post by TravM Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:58 pm

I've been waiting for this film for three years, ever since Grindhouse was released. Grindhouse is a double-feature exploitation film made by Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino. The film featured two films: Planet Terror and Death Proof. A 'grindhouse film' is a film that exploits certain things such as violence, gore, nudity, muscle cars, etc. These films were released to drive-in theaters in the '70s. Most of these films had grainy filming. Anyway, Grindhouse (RobRod/Tarantino film) featured a fake-trailer for the film Machete to make the 'grindhouse' experience seem more real. After Grindhouse was released to theaters, Rodriguez decided to later film the rest of the movie and release it. Does the film seem like something you would like to see? If you enjoyed Pulp Fiction, From Dusk Til Dawn, or Grindhouse, it seems like you would enjoy this film ^.^ It's going to be released on September 3, 2010.

Here's the official trailer that was released just a few days ago, but I like the trailer above more.

Opinions?
    ryanlol
    ryanlol
    Infamous
    Infamous

Male Posts : 372

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Empty Re: Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez

Post by ryanlol Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:31 am

Lindsay Lohans been cut out of the trailer and credits now, apparently :/
    Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Empty Re: Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez

Post by Maverick Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:54 am

Lindsey Lohan blows. I mean her acting has gone down and her addictions have completely taken over. I wish her the best of luck to her and her new cell mates.
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Post by TravM Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete-character-poster1-Danny-Trejo
    Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete-character-poster5-Steven-Seagal
    Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete-character-poster4-Michelle-Rodriguez
    Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_091
    Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_090
    Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  W9fc6t
    Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  27956
    Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  27958

I thought I'd share these. ^_^ Makes me want to see it even more.

Lindsay Lohans been cut out of the trailer and credits now, apparently :/

Yup. Not a bad idea, in my opinion. There's usually a second trailer, so she might possibly be in it. She isn't one of the main characters. She's like a supporting character, so she's not really expected to be promoted too heavily for the film. Danny Trejo is the star.

Lindsey Lohan blows. I mean her acting has gone down and her addictions have completely taken over. I wish her the best of luck to her and her new cell mates.

I must admit I laughed at the last sentence. Very Happy I wouldn't say her acting has gone down. She still seems to be the same actress today. I'm hoping Machete will be somewhat like a comeback for her, just like Kill Bill was for Uma Thurman (even though she lost her career again lol). I still can't believe she's in the same movie with Robert De Niro. lol Never seen her in an action film so I'll see how she does. Back to topic, I really can't wait for this movie. I'm also a fan of De Niro, Danny Trejo, and Michelle Rodriguez. Exploitation at its finest. Smile

Last edited by TravM on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ryanlol
    ryanlol
    Infamous
    Infamous

Male Posts : 372

Post by ryanlol Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:47 pm

I'm tempted to see it, but I think I might wait for the DVD... lol
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Post by TravM Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:03 pm

Yeah, thats cool. I like expoitation films so it's def. my kind of film lol. Anyway, I thought I'd add a plot synopsis and a few pictures, because I'm bored like that Razz

Synopsis: The feature version of the trailer finds Machete (Danny Trejo) a renegade former Mexican Federale, roaming the streets of Texas after a shakedown from drug lord Torrez (Steven Seagal). Reluctantly, Machete takes an offer from spin doctor Benz (Jeff Fahey) to assassinate McLaughlin (Robert De Niro) a corrupt Senator. Double crossed and on the run Machete braves the odds with the help of Luz (Michelle Rodriguez), a saucy taco slinger, Padre (Cheech Marin) his “holy” brother, and April (Lindsay Lohan), a socialite with a penchant for guns. All while being tracked by Sartana (Jessica Alba), a sexy ICE agent with a special interest in the blade slinger.

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_086

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_085

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_084

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_074

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_075

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_082

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_077

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_078

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_079

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_081

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_053

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_054

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_051

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_052

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_039

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_042

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_061

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_043

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_045

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_087

Machete - a film by Robert Rodriguez  Machete_038

Maverick
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:57 pm

Oh and to reply to your "quote" she sucks and so does her acting. She has no talent in my eyes. I would have put Angelina Jolie over her ass. pfffffffft.
    TravM
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Post by TravM Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:34 pm

In your eyes, she has no eyes. In my eyes, atleast she had talent. She won a lot of awards, including Best Female Performance for Mean Girls at the 2005 MTV Movie Awards. She beat Hilary Swank, Rachel McAdams, Natalie Portman, and Uma Thurman. To me, that says something despite her toxic decisions in life. Whether she has it now, I don't know, in my eyes. Because she hasn't been in a movie lately. I prefer her more adult-ish roles, instead her of child roles and Disney films (besides Mean Girls). She starred in Emilio Estevez's Bobby and I think she did great. It's about the assissination of Bobby Kennedy at the Ambassador Hotel. I strongly recommend watching it. It was nominated for a Golden Globe. I think she looks good in the '60s. ^_^

Meh. Angelina Jolie isn't my cup of tea. Anyway, back to Machete. Even though she's not a main character, she looks kickass in it, imo. But she's not the only reason I'll see it. I'm a fan of Robert De Niro, especially his film Taxi Driver (1976). I'm also a fan of Michelle Rodriguez. She was great in Avatar (one of the only things I really enjoyed about that film) and Lost. ^_^ Trejo isn't a bad actor either. He's been in a lot of action films, but has never had a starring role.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 pm